Linda M James

Thursday 28 June 2012

MORE HAIKU






Here are some more Haiku I wrote while I lived in Vienna. I love how Haiku makes a poet think about the impact of each syllable, don't you?

I hope you enjoy them. 

                       
THE CHERRY TREE
The cherry tree buds
blossoms of beautiful dreams
which fall on free minds.


IDENTITY
I jigsaw pieces
of you to make a picture:
and fax you my love.

THE STAR                           
Radiance of light:
the star must wait for beauty
to be seen by us.

                       
LOVE
Will the seeds of love
sowed in the splendour of spring
grow in the summer?

CHILDHOOD
I touch the ceiling
of past sensations and sounds:
I hear the grass grow.


 TIME
Rub the tarnished past
with present brightness to make
a golden future.

2 comments:

  1. I like. Very thought provoking and strangely calming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them, Kevin. Yes, they make you look at life from a different perspective, don't they?
      Linda

      Delete