Linda M James

Tuesday 15 May 2012

MOVING & CREATIVITY


After replying to Kevin, I realized how much of my creativity is linked to moves. I don’t know why I hadn’t discovered this fact before, but I hadn’t. I mentioned how living in St. Leonards-on-Sea influenced my choice of location for my WW II novels "The Invisible Piper" and "Tempting The Stars." But forgot how Vienna inspired me to write so much poetry. For a few months, I couldn’t stop writing haiku while I was walking around the Stadt-Park. [There is also a darker side to Vienna which I will explore in a later blog. ] Here I will concentrate on the beauty.
Here are a few of the haiku I wrote in Vienna. I hope you enjoy them.

HAIKU
SNOWDROP
The frozen snow-drop
lies in a dark world waiting
for light to touch it.

BEAUTY
Melody is heard
in two lovers' minds as they
hold a golden note.

THE EARLY BIRD
The bird swoops swiftly
before his early breakfast
can wriggle away.

A HAIKU
I am kept awake
by insistent syllables
stealing all my sleep.

VIENNA
A city at sleep
rises to greet a bright dawn
waiting to be touched.


 I'm sure other people's travels have inspired their writing too. 




2 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't read Haiku since my schooldays and had forgotten how thought provoking it could be. I have to agree with BacktoBodrum; Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete